At Karns City Area School District, our school nurses manage and coordinate their assigned school's health services program based on requirements established by school division policies, procedures, and protocols, and by local, state, and national regulations and statues; maintain and operate the school health office.
The essential tasks our nurses perform include:
- Ensure compliance with procedures and protocols.
- Provide nursing care and physical screenings to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed.
- Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, managements, and referral activities for students.
- Implement and record required screening programs; notify parents when further medical evaluation is needed.
- Establish and update health and immunization records.
- Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports.
- Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student's physician.
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
- Develop Individual Health Care Plans/Medical Intervention Plans for students on a case-by-case basis.
- Follow procedures for suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
- Act as a liaison between the school, home health department professionals, and other community agencies as needed.
Contact Your Child's School Nurse